August 5th to 9th, 2014
ICC, JEJU. KOREA
The Korean Handbell Association (KHA) is pleased to invite handbell ringers from around the world to the 16th International Handbell Symposium to be held in Jeju, Korea from Tuesday, 5th August to Saturday, 9th August 2014.
The Symposium theme is: “Ring for Beautiful World"
The venue will be ICC Jeju, a purpose built Resort and Convention Centre in the south of the island of Jeju.
The Registration fee is US$800 per person.
The registration fee includes:
- Attendance at all massed ringing sessions
- Selected classes/workshops
- Symposium souvenir shirt
- Lunch (Wednesday - Saturday inclusive)
- Dinner (Tuesday - Friday inclusive)
- Final Banquet (Saturday)
- Final Concert
- Varied non-ringer programme
The registration fee does NOT include:
- The massed ringing music. Delegates are responsible for obtaining their own massed ringing music. (You must have the original music for massed ringing, photocopies are prohibited under lnternational Law)
- Foam padding (which for fire safety reasons must be ordered from KHA)
- Accommodation travel and insurance
For HRGB delegates, all registrations must be made through HRGB who will arrange for payments directly to the KHA Bank, thus minimizing charges.
Registrations can be made with KHA between 30th September and 31st December 2013 and must be accompanied by a US$300 non-returnable deposit.
In order that HRGB can co-ordinate payments, please send a cheque for £220 to the HRGB Secretary by 1st December 2013.
Final payments to KHA are required by 31st March 2014. The balance of your payment sent to HRGB by 1st March 2014 (we will advise the amount due as soon as additional charges from KHA eg for foam pads, photographs etc, and bank charges are known).
Please make cheques payable to HRGB Promotions Ltd.*
Delegates are required to make their own travel arrangements.
There are direct flights to Seoul, Incheon International Airport, from all major European cities.
From Seoul, delegates will need take a further flight to Jeju International Airport. This may require transferring from Incheon International Airport in Seoul to Gimpo Airport in Seoul.
On arrival in Jeju there is a transfer bus to ICC Jeju.
Delegates are responsible for making their own hotel reservations>
There is a new hotel scheduled for completion in 2013 which will be linked to the Convention centre. There are other hotels available in the area. We hope to have information from KHA about discount rates at selected hotels at a later date.
*Please note that
- HRGB Promotions Limited is only acting as agent for the purposes of collecting and forwarding funds to the symposium registrar.
- HRGB members’ contract will be with the organisers of the symposium and not with HRGB Promotions Ltd.
- In the event of cancellation any refund will be dependent on the policy of the symposium organisers and no liability will rest with HRGB Promotions Ltd.